Selection of casting mold materials: 1. Production batc […]
Selection of casting mold materials:
1. Production batch: When the production quantity of stamping parts is large, the material of the punching and die of the working parts of the mold should be selected with high quality and good wear resistance. The other process structural parts of the mold and the part materials of the auxiliary structural part are also correspondingly improved. When the batch size is small, the material performance requirements should be appropriately relaxed to reduce the cost.
2. Performance of stamped materials and conditions for use of mold parts
When the material to be pressed is hard or the deformation resistance is large, the convex and concave molds of the die should be selected from materials with good wear resistance and high strength. When drawing stainless steel, an aluminum bronze die can be used because it has good anti-adhesion. The guide bush guide sleeve requires wear resistance and good toughness, so the surface of low carbon steel is often carburized and quenched.
3. Material properties should consider the hot and cold processing properties of the material and the existing conditions of the plant.
4. Use micro-deformed die steel to reduce machining costs.
5. For molds with special requirements, mold steel with special properties should be developed and applied.
6. The choice of mold materials should be determined according to the conditions of use of the mold parts. Under the premise of meeting the main conditions, low-cost materials should be used to reduce costs.