Plastic mold is an abbreviation for a combination mold […]
Plastic mold is an abbreviation for a combination mold for compression molding, extrusion, injection, blow molding and low foam molding. The coordinated changes of the convex, concave and auxiliary molding systems of the mold can process a series of plastic parts of different shapes and sizes. In order to satisfy the needs of molded parts, we need to pay attention to some matters when selecting plastic molds, and put forward corresponding requirements. Here are six requirements for selecting more suitable plastic molds.
White base mould
1. High corrosion resistance Many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the appearance of the cavity. This corrosion causes the appearance metal of the cavity to dissolve and fall off, the appearance of the cavity is deteriorated, and the quality of the plastic parts is deteriorated. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel or chrome-plated and samarium-nickel on the surface of the cavity.
2. Good abrasion resistance The gloss and accuracy of the appearance of plastic and plastic parts are directly related to the abrasion resistance of the appearance of the cavity of the plastic mold, especially when some plastics are added with glass fiber, inorganic fillers and certain pigments. Together with the plastic melt, it flows at a rapid speed in the flow channel and the mold cavity, which has a great impact on the appearance of the cavity. If the material is not wear-resistant, it will quickly wear away, which will damage the quality of the plastic part.
3. Outstanding dimensional stability During plastic molding, the temperature of the cavity of the plastic mold must reach above 300 ° C. For this reason, it is best to select a tool steel (heat-treated steel) that has been appropriately tempered. Otherwise, the microstructure of the data will be changed, and then the dimensions of the plastic mold will be changed.
4. easy to process mold parts are mostly made of metal materials, and some structural shapes are still very messy. In order to shorten the production cycle and improve power, mold materials are required to be easily processed into the shape and accuracy required by drawings.
5. Good polishing performance Plastic and plastic parts usually require outstanding gloss and appearance, so the roughness of the cavity surface is very small. In this way, it is necessary to process the appearance of the cavity, such as polishing and grinding. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and pores.